Since it’s unwise for us to gather as a church at the moment, we’ve compiled a worship guide for you to use at home. Set aside time on Sunday morning to worship through the readings, songs, prayer, and sermon below.
I. Scripture Reading
II. Worship in Song
III. Kids Lesson
"Enjoying Jesus In John: Jesus, Savior of Those Who Believe," John 9:8-41
Jesus is the savior of all who would admit their spiritual need and trust in Him.
I. How NOT to respond to Jesus (vv. 8-33)
A. Make war on spiritual pride!
II. How to respond to Jesus (vv. 34-41)
A. Do you understand what it means to believe in Christ?
B. Have you believed?
C. Encouragements to the church
1. Remember God's grace to you in Christ
2. Remember to live by faith in Christ
3. Remember to be bold for Christ
IV. Prayer of Response
"Enjoying the Favor Of God," Robert Hawker, from Piercing Heaven: Prayers of the Puritans
Lord Jesus, I seek you and your favor beyond all the riches of the earth, and all the enjoyments of the world.
Lord, help me never to gorget that it was your favor that brought you down from heaven. Your favor that prompted you to die, to rise again, for poor sinners. Your favor which makes you wash us from all our sins in your blood.
All of your grace, al the glories of redemption hereafter--everything was bought and the result of your favor.
Precious Lord, please show me your renewed favor, day by day. And let those visits from you be so gracious, so sweet, so continual, that I may think or speak of nothing else.
I pray for grace to spend all the moments of my life here, receiving your grace and love, and bringing you love and praise, until you take me home to live at the fountain of your favor. That is when the whole happiness of eternity will be in the praises of God and of the Lamb, and we shall enjoy "the favor of him who dwelt in the bush."
- MAY CHURCH SCHEDULE: We are reviewing the recently released local guidelines for businesses and churches as we make the decision as to when we'll begin meeting on Sunday mornings again. Be looking for a GroupMe and email message very soon about our May and June church schedule!
- ONLINE GIVING: As we’re unable to gather in person on Sunday mornings, this is a great time to set up online giving in place of traditional giving forms. Visit www.redeemerbf.com/give to set up a one-time or recurring offering.
- EAST MEMPHIS FOOD PANTRY: Our church’s food pantry has been active and assisting families in our neighborhood with prepackaged boxes of food since the beginning of the current pandemic. You can be involved through donating to our food pantry fund at www.redeemerbf.com/give or by delivering boxes of food. Contact Jeremy Wright if you can help with deliveries!
- REDEEMER BENEVOLENCE FUND: Our church benevolence fund is contributed to by Redeemer members for the sake of assisting other church members in times of need. If you have been affected financially by the Covid-19 health crisis and are in need of financial assistance, please contact one of our pastors.
- WELCOME & SECURITY TEAM: We're making an effort to improve both our welcome and the security at our entrance during our Sunday gatherings. If you're available to serve on a monthly rotation for this team, contact Chris Pence at (901) 626-8755.
- April 2020 budget: $24,166
- April 2020 actual: $17,661.79
- May budget: $24, 166
- Jeremy Wright, Senior Pastor: (901) 800-7889, email@example.com
- Chris Pence, Pastor: (901) 626-8755, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Matt Alford, Pastor: (901) 299-2789
- Stephen Johnson, Pastor: (901) 488-5442